Livin’ the MAD Life has now launched our newest collection “Miami Summer” and can I just say, I am totally in love with every piece from this collection! Especially the “Melon Jolly” Travel Bag. I can’t wait until my next trip to sport around my matching handbag, travel bag and cosmetic case. If this doesn’t say Miami, I don’t know what does!
And I’m also in love with the lemons, for a more classy look. I’ve been carrying around my “Summer Citrus” Classic Handbag for the last few weeks, and it’s the easiest bag to style and wear with any look!
“Miami Summer” Collection | Livin’ the MAD Life
Photographer | Zavier DeAngelo
Clothing | White Cotton Club
Models | Aroon Duncanson | Lesley Geronimo | JanCarlo Negron
Plan on throwing a fun party this summer? Well here are some of my favorite DIYs and outfits for an awesome party!
One of my favorite party DIYs is an ice cream bar! How fun would it be to have all your favorite toppings and ice cream laid out for your friends and family to enjoy.
And of course I had to incorporate pineapples! Pineapples and watermelons are killing it this summer, and what would a summer party be without adding those into your decoration and outfit!
Another awesome DIY is fruit popsicles. I have seen so many recipes and videos showing some of peoples favorite homemade fruit popsicles, and they just look too delicious to pass up. And hey, it’s summer so it’s bound to be a bit toasty out, and what better way to cool down than with a delicious kiwi popsicle!
This mood board was inspired by PaperLess Post’s fantastic invitations! Their watermelon invitation is adorable and makes me want to throw a party just so I can get the invitations! Click here to check out all of their cute cards! I am literally obsessed with all of their invitations, I wish I had enough reasons to throw parties just to use all of their cards.
What are your must haves for the perfect summer party?
All of the images shown on my mood board were taken from Pinterest, to find out where to purchase these items and how to make them, check out my Summertime Party Pinterest board. There are lots of other cute and fun pins for you to enjoy.
Summer means lots of time to try new things and spend your days outside with friends and family. That being said, here are a few of my favorite summer treats, thanks to Pinterest!
Moscato Peach Wine Slushies
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
You’ll need to add a few splashes of wine to the frozen ice cube for blending. You can reserve a small amount of wine or just use some wine from another bottle, which is what I do.
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 8 cup Seedless Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Puree watermelon in batches and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- place in a 13×9 dish, cover and place in freezer until firm.
- Puree frozen mixture before serving.
Click here for original post
Raspberry Lemonade Tea
- 1/2 cup Sweet’N Low (12 packets)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups raspberries, pureed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- Bring the Sweet’N Low and water to a simmer. Let cool.
- Add pureed raspberries to sugar water.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the raspberry mixture.
- Pour raspberry mixture into a large pitcher filled with cold water.
- Stir and add ice cubes.
Click here for original post
Let me know if you try out any of these recipes!
Have a happy summer