Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
I am sure you have all heard of this amazing secret, that even the top of the top models swear by. It’s good for your skin, fitness and overall health. And it is one of the most important necessities for life. Have you figured it out yet?
It is water!
Yes water, we all need it, but most people don’t make it a habit to drink enough. I myself set a personal goal to finish, at minimum, one full gallon jug of water. I usually tend to go a little over a gallon. But boy when I don’t drink my gallon, if I’m super busy that day or travelling, I notice a huge difference in the way I feel, perform and look.
So if there was one thing I would recommend everyone to do, it would be to challenge yourself to drink a gallon of water a day, and you’ll see a huge difference within a week!
That being said, fall is upon us, and it is never to early to start working towards that summer bod. Rather than waiting till spring and feeling the need to workout excessively and track your foods.
With that in mind, I’ve found an amazing new water that is perfect for those days when you need an extra boost of energy, and a good way to fill that gallon up. It’s called 3 Water! I use it before my workout because there is some caffeine, which gives me a little pick me up. It’s Ph balanced, which is always my preferred choice of water, and of course it has tons of electrolytes! So why not switch things up a bit and try water that is ever better than regular water!
Perfect for pre workout, or a day by the pool! You can honestly never have enough water!
Fun tip: I use 3 water and mix it with my preworkout before, for an extra boost of energy!
Today’s post was inspired by the incredibly hot, hundred degree weather we are experiencing in South Beach.
Summer is just around the corner and it’s always nice to get prepared ahead of time. So I’ve linked some of my favorite summer products to keep you glowy this season! As well as some of my favorite summer tips.
My absolutely favorite product for glowy skin is bio oil! You can use it all over your body as well as your face, to give your skin that extra boost and moisture it craves.
I’ve also made up my own concoction of body oil. Inside i mixed coconut oil // vitamin e oil // green tea tree oil // rose hip oil // bio oil. I use this little concoction before bedtime to allow my skin to absorb all of the amazing vitamins and nutrients!
SPF! SPF! SPF! I’ve always used SPF on my face because I was always told that you needed too. But recently I’ve realized just how important it is. That being said, I’ll never go a day without SPF on my face. If I do miss a day, I’ll notice a complete difference in my skin and pigmentation. My favorite is Dermalogica SPF 50.
Join a gym that has a variety of class, to allow you to mix up your routine and stay motivated! I recently joined my local Equinox gym, and I’m absolutely obsessed! Gotta get summer beach body ready, am I right?!
Drink lots of water! I try to drink at least a gallon a day, and I notice a huge difference from drinking lots of water. Benefits I’ve experienced are, flatter tummy, healthy skin, energy and appetite control. I mean, our bodies are mostly made of water, so shouldn’t we try to drink lots of it? 😛
Current favorite swimsuit brands to rock this summer//
& Montce Swim
I had the pleasure of dining, with some fellow influencers from South Beach, at a charming and health conscious café called Dr Smood; along with our own personal nutritionist who walked us through some of their most popular menu items. That being said, I only thought it fair to share some of my favorite health tips that were mentioned during the luncheon!
First off, can we just admire the décor and interior of Dr Smood? It is definitely the perfect place to come for a healthy meal and chill out. This was the Wynwood, Miami location.
- Drinking lots of water is amazing for your body, but you should always try to drink Alkaline water as much as you can. Our nutritionist used a great example to explain the different between regular water and alkaline water. (So you have a shower, and it is constantly getting rinsed off whenever you are inside. But you still have to go in and clean your shower every now and then, even though its continuously getting rinsed. The same applies to your body, drinking water is good to help clean out your system, but drink alkaline water allows your body to flush out all the bad toxins.)
- We all know moderation is key, and sometimes its hard to avoid that sweet treat. Don’t feel bad for indulging, just know how to treat your body after a cheat meal. For example, if you eat a yummy glazed doughnut, try to help your body digest the treat faster, by drinking a lot of water and liquids.
- Chaga, is a great alternative to coffee, it gives you all the energy and helps your body to metabolism, but it is even better for you!
- There is a difference between cacao, cocoa and chocolate. An item can not be labeled as cacao unless it is unadultured, raw cacao from the cacao tree. Chocolate on the other hand has been manipulated and has added ingredients that may not be as healthy. And cocoa is just a fancy way to say chocolate and can sometimes confuse people on whether its raw, healthy chocolate, or sugary refined chocolate.
My favorite item would have to be the Cold Pressed Vegan Mylk, Non-Dairy Chocolate Mylk. Tastes better than regular chocolate milk, but its full of healthy ingredients like brazil nut mylk, dates, cacao nibs, cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla! Yumm
Cheers to the weekend and keeping out bodies healthy and happy!
Photographer// Brittany Borders
How amazing is this metallic grey, strappy one piece?! Actually obsessed with it, and it’s one of the comfiest suits ever! I need more!
One Piece// Coy Coy Swimwear
Photographer// Jordan Zobrist
Bodysuits have to be my new favorite obsession. They’re so easy to throw on under your favorite pair of highwaisted skirt or shorts, and you never have to worry about exposing too much skin.
Part of my fall wardrobe definitely contains a fair few bodysuits, and I am certainly ready to break them out!
Bodysuit// Forever 21
Lips// MAC “Ruby Woo”
I am sure most of you have heard of the amazing benefits hot lemon water, first thing in the morning, is supposed to have. After hearing so many people talk about how amazing this simple drink is, I decided to give it a go.
For the past month I have been drinking hot Lemon Detox Tea (click here to purchase) with half a fresh squeezed lemon. I drink this before I eat or drink anything else. And I can definitely tell a difference. Some of the immediate and visible changes I saw were:
- Clearer skin, after only a few days of drinking this there was a noticeable difference in the complexion of my skin.
- Eating less. I felt much more full and did not tend to be as hungry throughout the day.
- Digestive health
These are only what I can visibly see changing within the past month. But this morning drink is supposed to have many internal benefits for your everyday health. Such as:
- Source of Vitamin C, to help build immune system and prevent sickness such as the common cold
- Balances pH levels
- Lemon contains pectin fiber which is great for your colon
- Helps prevent growth of certain bacterias
- Provides energy to liver enzymes which in turn helps keep a healthy liver
- Helps with wrinkles (Luckily I do not have wrinkles yet, so I can not tell if this has personally helped)
- Helps replenish salt levels
- Can help with dental problem (freshens breath, relieve toothache and gingivitis)
As you can see this stuff is basically magic! Yet it is so simple and such an easy thing to add into your morning routine. Instead of drinking your regular tea or coffee in the morning, try this lemon detox and I am sure you will reap the benefits like I have.
Its always nice to support the locals by stopping at your farmers market. And nothing is better than fresh foods!
This week I checked out the farmers market near my parents house for the first time and picked up some veggies to make a delicious soup! (Which will be up on the blog this week)
Dress// Boca Leche (shop similar here)
Rings// Rocksbox (free month with code: aroonxoxo)