Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
It seems as though people are always complaining about bruising easily, and no one ever likes the look of a gnarly purple and green spot glaring at them. So today I have brought you three amazing products to help your skin prevent bruises, as well as to diminish existing bruises.
1. First and foremost is my favorite holy grail product of all, Castor Oil! Not only is this
product amazing for getting rid of any existing bruises, but it also makes for a natural deep moisturizer and helps with any sore joints, muscles and even your digestion. If you have any existing bruises, just massage some Castor Oil onto the spot and within days it will had disappeared.
I also massage Castor Oil into my sore muscles and my stomach. It has great properties that absorb through your skin and help with digestion! I never skip out on my daily Castor Oil massages. 😛
2. Another product to help prevent bruises is Riboflavin vitamins or B2, which has amazing properties for helping with development of the skin. Just pop one of these vitamins everyday and you’ll notice a decrease in the amount of bumps and bruises your body collects.
// Riboflavin Vitamin
3. Finally the last tip to prevent bruises, and probably the most strange way, is to eat the pith of an orange peel, or the white part inside the peel. The pith of an orange actually carries the most concentration of flavonoids in the fruit. It’s full of antioxidants and is one of the most nutritious parts of an orange. So next time you’re eating an orange, make sure to keep the peel and finish off the pith! Not only will it help your body to prevent bruising so easily, but the other benefits it has are amazing for your overall health!
Hi again, and happy Friday! Today I have another fun tip that I’m bound to try out this weekend.
We all have that shirt that may be a little rough around the edges, but it’s so incredibly soft and worn in that we can let go of it. Well this tip can help you turn any TShirt into that soft, comfy and worn in feeling. It takes around 3 days, so start soaking your shirt today, and by Monday it’ll feel amazing!
Place your shirt In a container filled with 1 quart of water and 1/2 cup of salt. Let it soak for three days. Machine wash with a small amount of detergent and then tumble dry.
Say goodbye to those stiff, incomfy shirts!
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Trouble sleeping? Or just want to make your room a more cozy space? Check out these 5 great tips to making the perfect bed!
Tip 1: Smell. Aromatherapy can play a big role in relaxing the body when it comes time to bed. Lavender is one of the best scents to use at night to relax. Try an oil diffuser mixed with a lavender essential oil. Start your diffuser when you’re ready to hit the sack, and let the sweet scent drift you to sleep. (Studies show that lavender has helped many people with insomnia fall asleep easier) [Huffpost]
Tip 2: Bedding. Synthetic materials tend to trap heat in easier which can lead to more troubled sleeping. It is best to use egyptian cotton or pima cotton for bed sheets. Get these in a sateen type finish and you’ll be off to bed in no time. [Today.com]
Tip 3: Laundry. Everyone knows there is nothing better than jumping in a bed with fresh clean linens. It is suggested that you clean your bedding every 7 to 10 days.
Tip 4: Color. The color of your room and bedding can also help you either stay awake or fall asleep better. The best colors to help one sleep are colors such as; blue, purple, grey, silver, neutrals or cool colors to lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate, which in turn relax the body. Try to stay away from bright colors like, reds or orange, if you are obsessed with these colors you can easily add them into a couple throw pillows for your bed.
Tip 5: Weight. Something a lot of us may not know is that comforters actually have different weights. It is suggested that a person uses a blanket with the weight of 10% plus one pound of a persons body weight. This means if you are 100 pounds you would get a 11 pound blanket. The pressure of the weight on a persons body, “…stimulates the release of calming hormones and neurotransmitters all night long” (friendshipcircle.org).
I hope you all enjoyed this post! I am going to be adding some more fun content like this to the blog, let me know if there is anything you are dying to learn about, or any suggestions for more posts similar to this.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas.
Today I am here with another Fun Tip Friday. This one will be fairly quick, but I hope it helps some of you out!
Recently I learned that makeup does in fact have specific expiration dates, so I went through my makeup and got rid of some products that were way past their recommend shelf life.
Most makeup products and beauty products have an expiration date, but not all. I have been checking everything! And it seems as if some beauty products do not have a date, but most makeup has a date.
Here are some quick images to help you locate the expiration date, and see if its time to throw your makeup out.
This little image should be displayed on the back of your product. The number inside of the image is the number of months the product is good for, after you have opened the packaging.
These dates may not apply to every single makeup product out there, but it is a good guideline for most.
I hope you enjoyed this Fun Tip Friday, and stay tuned this weekend for a skin care line that has been doing wonders for my skin.