Summer means lots of time to try new things and spend your days outside with friends and family. That being said, here are a few of my favorite summer treats, thanks to Pinterest!
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
You’ll need to add a few splashes of wine to the frozen ice cube for blending. You can reserve a small amount of wine or just use some wine from another bottle, which is what I do.
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 8 cup Seedless Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Puree watermelon in batches and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- place in a 13×9 dish, cover and place in freezer until firm.
- Puree frozen mixture before serving.
- 1/2 cup Sweet’N Low (12 packets)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups raspberries, pureed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- Bring the Sweet’N Low and water to a simmer. Let cool.
- Add pureed raspberries to sugar water.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the raspberry mixture.
- Pour raspberry mixture into a large pitcher filled with cold water.
- Stir and add ice cubes.
Let me know if you try out any of these recipes!
Have a happy summer