Can you even believe it?!!?
I want to start adding more health and fitness related posts to AroonMelane, so what better way to start it off? This extremely quick and easy dessert has been one of my go-to’s recently!
All you need is a bag of frozen fruit, your choice (but the fruit you choose may change the calorie count).
I’ve been using frozen mango chunks from Trader Joes, as I find the mango has a better texture.
Once you have your serving of frozen fruit out, stick it in your blender, add some water and blend until creamy!
I love making this treat with mangos because one serving makes a lot! And the texture is that of an ice cream/Italian ice mix! It’s amazing and sooooo easy!
One serving (14 pieces) of Trader Joes mango chunks = 90 calories
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
I am sure most of you have heard of the amazing benefits hot lemon water, first thing in the morning, is supposed to have. After hearing so many people talk about how amazing this simple drink is, I decided to give it a go.
For the past month I have been drinking hot Lemon Detox Tea (click here to purchase) with half a fresh squeezed lemon. I drink this before I eat or drink anything else. And I can definitely tell a difference. Some of the immediate and visible changes I saw were:
- Clearer skin, after only a few days of drinking this there was a noticeable difference in the complexion of my skin.
- Eating less. I felt much more full and did not tend to be as hungry throughout the day.
- Digestive health
These are only what I can visibly see changing within the past month. But this morning drink is supposed to have many internal benefits for your everyday health. Such as:
- Source of Vitamin C, to help build immune system and prevent sickness such as the common cold
- Balances pH levels
- Lemon contains pectin fiber which is great for your colon
- Helps prevent growth of certain bacterias
- Provides energy to liver enzymes which in turn helps keep a healthy liver
- Helps with wrinkles (Luckily I do not have wrinkles yet, so I can not tell if this has personally helped)
- Helps replenish salt levels
- Can help with dental problem (freshens breath, relieve toothache and gingivitis)
As you can see this stuff is basically magic! Yet it is so simple and such an easy thing to add into your morning routine. Instead of drinking your regular tea or coffee in the morning, try this lemon detox and I am sure you will reap the benefits like I have.
Summer means lots of time to try new things and spend your days outside with friends and family. That being said, here are a few of my favorite summer treats, thanks to Pinterest!
Moscato Peach Wine Slushies
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
You’ll need to add a few splashes of wine to the frozen ice cube for blending. You can reserve a small amount of wine or just use some wine from another bottle, which is what I do.
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 8 cup Seedless Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Puree watermelon in batches and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- place in a 13×9 dish, cover and place in freezer until firm.
- Puree frozen mixture before serving.
Click here for original post
Raspberry Lemonade Tea
- 1/2 cup Sweet’N Low (12 packets)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups raspberries, pureed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- Bring the Sweet’N Low and water to a simmer. Let cool.
- Add pureed raspberries to sugar water.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the raspberry mixture.
- Pour raspberry mixture into a large pitcher filled with cold water.
- Stir and add ice cubes.
Click here for original post
Let me know if you try out any of these recipes!
Have a happy summer
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Just ran to my local Marshalls, and glad I did! I scored this awesome stripped, wrap dress for only $17 and these gorgeous Vince Camuto Sandals for $40! It’s a good time to check out your local Marshalls too! So many cute rompers and dresses perfect for summer!
Vince Camuto Sandals// Marshalls
Heels// Forever 21
Floppy Hat// Forever 21
I’ve been really into soups the past few months and decided to make my own at home!
I went to my local farmers market and picked up some fresh veggies. From there I threw everything together in the crock pot (besides water and coconut milk) and sautéed it in grapeseed oil until it browned. Next, I added in the water and coconut milk and let the soup cook on medium heat in the crock pot for about 4 hours. Finally I toasted some fresh homemade bread that I picked up from the farmers market and made some white rice to make the perfect meal! Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
2 whole carrots
1 1/2 purple onion
Thinking of summer, only one week of classes left!
Crop top// Garage Clothing
Boyfriend Capris// Forever 21
Necklace// Rockbox (free month trial with code: aroonxoxo)
Purse// TJ Maxx
Belt// Forever 21