Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Trouble sleeping? Or just want to make your room a more cozy space? Check out these 5 great tips to making the perfect bed!
Tip 1: Smell. Aromatherapy can play a big role in relaxing the body when it comes time to bed. Lavender is one of the best scents to use at night to relax. Try an oil diffuser mixed with a lavender essential oil. Start your diffuser when you’re ready to hit the sack, and let the sweet scent drift you to sleep. (Studies show that lavender has helped many people with insomnia fall asleep easier) [Huffpost]
Tip 2: Bedding. Synthetic materials tend to trap heat in easier which can lead to more troubled sleeping. It is best to use egyptian cotton or pima cotton for bed sheets. Get these in a sateen type finish and you’ll be off to bed in no time. [Today.com]
Tip 3: Laundry. Everyone knows there is nothing better than jumping in a bed with fresh clean linens. It is suggested that you clean your bedding every 7 to 10 days.
Tip 4: Color. The color of your room and bedding can also help you either stay awake or fall asleep better. The best colors to help one sleep are colors such as; blue, purple, grey, silver, neutrals or cool colors to lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate, which in turn relax the body. Try to stay away from bright colors like, reds or orange, if you are obsessed with these colors you can easily add them into a couple throw pillows for your bed.
Tip 5: Weight. Something a lot of us may not know is that comforters actually have different weights. It is suggested that a person uses a blanket with the weight of 10% plus one pound of a persons body weight. This means if you are 100 pounds you would get a 11 pound blanket. The pressure of the weight on a persons body, “…stimulates the release of calming hormones and neurotransmitters all night long” (friendshipcircle.org).
I hope you all enjoyed this post! I am going to be adding some more fun content like this to the blog, let me know if there is anything you are dying to learn about, or any suggestions for more posts similar to this.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas.
Today I am here with another Fun Tip Friday. This one will be fairly quick, but I hope it helps some of you out!
Recently I learned that makeup does in fact have specific expiration dates, so I went through my makeup and got rid of some products that were way past their recommend shelf life.
Most makeup products and beauty products have an expiration date, but not all. I have been checking everything! And it seems as if some beauty products do not have a date, but most makeup has a date.
Here are some quick images to help you locate the expiration date, and see if its time to throw your makeup out.
This little image should be displayed on the back of your product. The number inside of the image is the number of months the product is good for, after you have opened the packaging.
These dates may not apply to every single makeup product out there, but it is a good guideline for most.
I hope you enjoyed this Fun Tip Friday, and stay tuned this weekend for a skin care line that has been doing wonders for my skin.
Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits! But not only is it good to eat, but it’s good for you skin! This high Vitamin fruit is a good way to clear acne, you can just apply to your face like a mask or toner, let it sit and wash off with cold water!
Pineapple is also high in anti-oxidants, and we all know how good anti-oxidents are for us!
You can use pineapple for your body and not just your face! Cut your pineapple into wedges and use the pineapple as a loofah in your shower. Make sure to rise good after so you aren’t too sticky. This will give your skin all kinds of healthy benefits!
Who knew a pineapple could do so much!
Shaving can be a pain sometimes, but most of us do it on a weekly or daily basis. Follow this fun tip to get a super clean shave, no razor burn and get silky soft legs! All you need is coconut oil 😀
All you need to do is exfoliate your legs with sugar scrub or exfoliating glove. Rub coconut oil all over legs and shave!
Your legs may feel slimy but once you dry off the towel will remove the access oil and leave your legs soft and not slimy at all!
Has your hairdresser ever told you to finish off rinsing your hair in cold water? I do have to say I am guilty of not finishing my shower off with cold water, because no one wants to step out of the shower freezing their bum off! But there are so many benefits to rinsing your hair with cold water.
- Cold water closes up your cuticles protecting your hair from damage as well as eliminating some frizz. It is good to shampoo and condition under warm water, when your cuticles are open, but once you are done sealing up the cuticles with cold water seals in the beneficial properties from your conditioner and shampoo. The only downfall is if you have thin hair this make make it look thinner.
- The same concept applies to the pores on your scalp. Warm water allows the shampoo to cleanse out the pores on you scalp, but once you finish you want to use cold water to close the pores in order to prevent them from getting clogged with oil, grease or dirt.
- Cold water also promotes blood flow, which will improve circulation on your scalp. This has been said to help promote hair growth.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks Fun Tip Friday! I am going to get better at finishing my shower with a cold rinse.