Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Hi everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas.
Today I am here with another Fun Tip Friday. This one will be fairly quick, but I hope it helps some of you out!
Recently I learned that makeup does in fact have specific expiration dates, so I went through my makeup and got rid of some products that were way past their recommend shelf life.
Most makeup products and beauty products have an expiration date, but not all. I have been checking everything! And it seems as if some beauty products do not have a date, but most makeup has a date.
Here are some quick images to help you locate the expiration date, and see if its time to throw your makeup out.
This little image should be displayed on the back of your product. The number inside of the image is the number of months the product is good for, after you have opened the packaging.
These dates may not apply to every single makeup product out there, but it is a good guideline for most.
I hope you enjoyed this Fun Tip Friday, and stay tuned this weekend for a skin care line that has been doing wonders for my skin.
Sometimes we do not have the time to pull out an iron board and iron a wrinkled spot on our shirt. Well do not fret, I have a simple solution for you and all you need is a hair straightener!
I personally use a Chi ceramic hair straightener, but any will do! It is simple, just turn the straightener on and go over the parts of your clothing that have wrinkles. The wrinkles should disappear immediately!
DO NOT USE SUPER HIGH HEAT, IT MAY MELT CERTAIN FABRICS
Shaving can be a pain sometimes, but most of us do it on a weekly or daily basis. Follow this fun tip to get a super clean shave, no razor burn and get silky soft legs! All you need is coconut oil 😀
All you need to do is exfoliate your legs with sugar scrub or exfoliating glove. Rub coconut oil all over legs and shave!
Your legs may feel slimy but once you dry off the towel will remove the access oil and leave your legs soft and not slimy at all!
Has your hairdresser ever told you to finish off rinsing your hair in cold water? I do have to say I am guilty of not finishing my shower off with cold water, because no one wants to step out of the shower freezing their bum off! But there are so many benefits to rinsing your hair with cold water.
- Cold water closes up your cuticles protecting your hair from damage as well as eliminating some frizz. It is good to shampoo and condition under warm water, when your cuticles are open, but once you are done sealing up the cuticles with cold water seals in the beneficial properties from your conditioner and shampoo. The only downfall is if you have thin hair this make make it look thinner.
- The same concept applies to the pores on your scalp. Warm water allows the shampoo to cleanse out the pores on you scalp, but once you finish you want to use cold water to close the pores in order to prevent them from getting clogged with oil, grease or dirt.
- Cold water also promotes blood flow, which will improve circulation on your scalp. This has been said to help promote hair growth.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks Fun Tip Friday! I am going to get better at finishing my shower with a cold rinse.
Want to avoid those annoying chipped polish nails for a few days longer?
Try wiping your nails clean with acetone (nail polish remover) before you apply any nail polish. This will remove any excess dirt, oil, or any thing else that may prevent your polish from adhering to your nails properly.