Livin’ the MAD Life has now launched our newest collection “Miami Summer” and can I just say, I am totally in love with every piece from this collection! Especially the “Melon Jolly” Travel Bag. I can’t wait until my next trip to sport around my matching handbag, travel bag and cosmetic case. If this doesn’t say Miami, I don’t know what does!
And I’m also in love with the lemons, for a more classy look. I’ve been carrying around my “Summer Citrus” Classic Handbag for the last few weeks, and it’s the easiest bag to style and wear with any look!
“Miami Summer” Collection | Livin’ the MAD Life
Photographer | Zavier DeAngelo
Clothing | White Cotton Club
Models | Aroon Duncanson | Lesley Geronimo | JanCarlo Negron
Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
I am usually not the biggest fan of quinoa all by itself, but I had a huge bag in the pantry and needed to find a way to use it up. After searching Pinterest for ideas, I found the most delicious and super healthy quinoa dish!
I doubled up on the recipe, as I like to have a bunch for my roommates and I to eat for the next few days. But the recipe below serves 4.
This is one of my new favorite recipes, as it only took 15 minutes to make and it is sooooooo yummy!
2 cups of water
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of baby kale, stems removed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup cucumber
1/4 cup of minced onion
2 tbsp kalamata olives
1 tbsp of cilantro or parsley (chopped)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa. Add water and quinoa into medium pan, bring to boil. Turn stove top to low heat and let quinoa cook for 15 minutes, or until desired texture.
- While your quinoa is cooking gather all of your vegetable and chop up. Mix all veggies in large bowl.
- In separate small bowl mix together your dressing. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir dressing in with vegetable.
- Add quinoa once cooked and stir thoroughly.
You can eat this dish hot or cold, its just as delicious either way!
And feel free to switch up the veggies or take certain ones out if you are not a fan.
Let me know if you recreate this recipe and how you like it!
I am sure most of you have heard of the amazing benefits hot lemon water, first thing in the morning, is supposed to have. After hearing so many people talk about how amazing this simple drink is, I decided to give it a go.
For the past month I have been drinking hot Lemon Detox Tea (click here to purchase) with half a fresh squeezed lemon. I drink this before I eat or drink anything else. And I can definitely tell a difference. Some of the immediate and visible changes I saw were:
- Clearer skin, after only a few days of drinking this there was a noticeable difference in the complexion of my skin.
- Eating less. I felt much more full and did not tend to be as hungry throughout the day.
- Digestive health
These are only what I can visibly see changing within the past month. But this morning drink is supposed to have many internal benefits for your everyday health. Such as:
- Source of Vitamin C, to help build immune system and prevent sickness such as the common cold
- Balances pH levels
- Lemon contains pectin fiber which is great for your colon
- Helps prevent growth of certain bacterias
- Provides energy to liver enzymes which in turn helps keep a healthy liver
- Helps with wrinkles (Luckily I do not have wrinkles yet, so I can not tell if this has personally helped)
- Helps replenish salt levels
- Can help with dental problem (freshens breath, relieve toothache and gingivitis)
As you can see this stuff is basically magic! Yet it is so simple and such an easy thing to add into your morning routine. Instead of drinking your regular tea or coffee in the morning, try this lemon detox and I am sure you will reap the benefits like I have.
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Just ran to my local Marshalls, and glad I did! I scored this awesome stripped, wrap dress for only $17 and these gorgeous Vince Camuto Sandals for $40! It’s a good time to check out your local Marshalls too! So many cute rompers and dresses perfect for summer!
Vince Camuto Sandals// Marshalls
Heels// Forever 21
Floppy Hat// Forever 21
I’ve been really into soups the past few months and decided to make my own at home!
I went to my local farmers market and picked up some fresh veggies. From there I threw everything together in the crock pot (besides water and coconut milk) and sautéed it in grapeseed oil until it browned. Next, I added in the water and coconut milk and let the soup cook on medium heat in the crock pot for about 4 hours. Finally I toasted some fresh homemade bread that I picked up from the farmers market and made some white rice to make the perfect meal! Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
2 whole carrots
1 1/2 purple onion
Today, while tromping through downtown Fort Myers, with Fox 4’s Tara Molina, we stopped at this super adorable cafe. Green Cup Cafe is an all vegan and organic cafe with fresh juice, bubble tea, salads, sandwiches, cupcakes, everything you could want from a cafe! It was too cute not to document. 😛
Tara and I both had some delicious raw vegan blueberry cupcakes that were delicious and filling! As well as some milk bubble tea and fresh juice.
Definitely a place I recommend to anyone in the downtown fort Myers area!
Skirt// Forever 21
Have a sweet sweet day
I have recently been trying to get back on track with my eating, it is so hard to maintain a healthy diet over the holidays!
That being said, I have also been experimenting with the foods I eat, and in the process I have found a new favorite snack, a delicious banana smoothie!
This recipe is enough to make 8oz
You will need:
- 1 banana
- A few ice cubes
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp honey
- (optional: coconut shreds)
All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients above and use your blender or nutribullet.
The chia seeds and flax seeds are optional, but I always add these into my smoothies to add a little healthy kick. If you are having trouble blending the smoothie, then add a little almond milk.