Can you even believe it?!!?
I want to start adding more health and fitness related posts to AroonMelane, so what better way to start it off? This extremely quick and easy dessert has been one of my go-to’s recently!
All you need is a bag of frozen fruit, your choice (but the fruit you choose may change the calorie count).
I’ve been using frozen mango chunks from Trader Joes, as I find the mango has a better texture.
Once you have your serving of frozen fruit out, stick it in your blender, add some water and blend until creamy!
I love making this treat with mangos because one serving makes a lot! And the texture is that of an ice cream/Italian ice mix! It’s amazing and sooooo easy!
One serving (14 pieces) of Trader Joes mango chunks = 90 calories
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
I am usually not the biggest fan of quinoa all by itself, but I had a huge bag in the pantry and needed to find a way to use it up. After searching Pinterest for ideas, I found the most delicious and super healthy quinoa dish!
I doubled up on the recipe, as I like to have a bunch for my roommates and I to eat for the next few days. But the recipe below serves 4.
This is one of my new favorite recipes, as it only took 15 minutes to make and it is sooooooo yummy!
2 cups of water
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of baby kale, stems removed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup cucumber
1/4 cup of minced onion
2 tbsp kalamata olives
1 tbsp of cilantro or parsley (chopped)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa. Add water and quinoa into medium pan, bring to boil. Turn stove top to low heat and let quinoa cook for 15 minutes, or until desired texture.
- While your quinoa is cooking gather all of your vegetable and chop up. Mix all veggies in large bowl.
- In separate small bowl mix together your dressing. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir dressing in with vegetable.
- Add quinoa once cooked and stir thoroughly.
You can eat this dish hot or cold, its just as delicious either way!
And feel free to switch up the veggies or take certain ones out if you are not a fan.
Let me know if you recreate this recipe and how you like it!
I have recently been trying to get back on track with my eating, it is so hard to maintain a healthy diet over the holidays!
That being said, I have also been experimenting with the foods I eat, and in the process I have found a new favorite snack, a delicious banana smoothie!
This recipe is enough to make 8oz
You will need:
- 1 banana
- A few ice cubes
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp honey
- (optional: coconut shreds)
All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients above and use your blender or nutribullet.
The chia seeds and flax seeds are optional, but I always add these into my smoothies to add a little healthy kick. If you are having trouble blending the smoothie, then add a little almond milk.
How to make a delicious cheesy, buttery baked potato! Delicious snack or meal! It’s a healthier and yummy alternative to french fries.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Prepare: Rinse Potato and slice almost all the way through
- Drizzle 1 TBSP of Olive oil on Potato
- Smear butter in and on potato
- Cover in desire amount of salt and pepper
- Bake potato for 30-40 minutes
- Sprinkle cheese on potato for added flavor and dig in