Española Way, in Miami Beach, has always been one of my favorite little spots to visit. The pink walls, hidden corridors and Spanish music, really make it feel like you’ve travelled to Europe!
And what better way to experience it, than with a little staycation at the El Paseo hotel! Right in the hustle and bustle, with the cutest little balconies and coffee room, it made for the perfect spot!
A cute little greeting, some yummy biscotti, a fresh cup of coffee, and I felt right at home!
Totally living for this bell sleeved strapless top from Tobi!
It’s trendy, it’s easy to wear and it’s perfect for this time of year! Even with these bell sleeves it’s still super simple to throw on a jacket, like this metallic green one.
And of course I had to throw in the shorts for that Floridian style.
Bell Sleeve Top// Tobi
Shoes// Steve Madden
It seems as though people are always complaining about bruising easily, and no one ever likes the look of a gnarly purple and green spot glaring at them. So today I have brought you three amazing products to help your skin prevent bruises, as well as to diminish existing bruises.
1. First and foremost is my favorite holy grail product of all, Castor Oil! Not only is this
product amazing for getting rid of any existing bruises, but it also makes for a natural deep moisturizer and helps with any sore joints, muscles and even your digestion. If you have any existing bruises, just massage some Castor Oil onto the spot and within days it will had disappeared.
I also massage Castor Oil into my sore muscles and my stomach. It has great properties that absorb through your skin and help with digestion! I never skip out on my daily Castor Oil massages. 😛
2. Another product to help prevent bruises is Riboflavin vitamins or B2, which has amazing properties for helping with development of the skin. Just pop one of these vitamins everyday and you’ll notice a decrease in the amount of bumps and bruises your body collects.
// Riboflavin Vitamin
3. Finally the last tip to prevent bruises, and probably the most strange way, is to eat the pith of an orange peel, or the white part inside the peel. The pith of an orange actually carries the most concentration of flavonoids in the fruit. It’s full of antioxidants and is one of the most nutritious parts of an orange. So next time you’re eating an orange, make sure to keep the peel and finish off the pith! Not only will it help your body to prevent bruising so easily, but the other benefits it has are amazing for your overall health!
Can you even believe it?!!?
I want to start adding more health and fitness related posts to AroonMelane, so what better way to start it off? This extremely quick and easy dessert has been one of my go-to’s recently!
All you need is a bag of frozen fruit, your choice (but the fruit you choose may change the calorie count).
I’ve been using frozen mango chunks from Trader Joes, as I find the mango has a better texture.
Once you have your serving of frozen fruit out, stick it in your blender, add some water and blend until creamy!
I love making this treat with mangos because one serving makes a lot! And the texture is that of an ice cream/Italian ice mix! It’s amazing and sooooo easy!
One serving (14 pieces) of Trader Joes mango chunks = 90 calories
What’s your favorite healthy dessert?
I am usually not the biggest fan of quinoa all by itself, but I had a huge bag in the pantry and needed to find a way to use it up. After searching Pinterest for ideas, I found the most delicious and super healthy quinoa dish!
I doubled up on the recipe, as I like to have a bunch for my roommates and I to eat for the next few days. But the recipe below serves 4.
This is one of my new favorite recipes, as it only took 15 minutes to make and it is sooooooo yummy!
2 cups of water
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of baby kale, stems removed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup cucumber
1/4 cup of minced onion
2 tbsp kalamata olives
1 tbsp of cilantro or parsley (chopped)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa. Add water and quinoa into medium pan, bring to boil. Turn stove top to low heat and let quinoa cook for 15 minutes, or until desired texture.
- While your quinoa is cooking gather all of your vegetable and chop up. Mix all veggies in large bowl.
- In separate small bowl mix together your dressing. Olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir dressing in with vegetable.
- Add quinoa once cooked and stir thoroughly.
You can eat this dish hot or cold, its just as delicious either way!
And feel free to switch up the veggies or take certain ones out if you are not a fan.
Let me know if you recreate this recipe and how you like it!
We all know the pain of cracked, dry lips, so today I am here to suggest some tips to help!
Sometimes applying loads and loads of chapstick is not the answer to dry, chapped lips.
Just like our skin our lips need exfoliation.Therefore, in order for our lip moisturizers to do their job, they need a fresh exfoliated surface to work with. There are many ways to exfoliate your lips, you can: Use a toothbrush to scrub your lips, or a towel. You can even use scotch tape (place tape on lips and slowly peel off), or you can use a lip scrub, which you can find at most places, or you can make your own using sugar and oils.
After you have exfoliated, follow up with your favorite lip moisturizer.
My current favorite is Lip Service by LUSH.
So this winter make sure you don’t forget to exfoliate your lips!
Plan on throwing a fun party this summer? Well here are some of my favorite DIYs and outfits for an awesome party!
One of my favorite party DIYs is an ice cream bar! How fun would it be to have all your favorite toppings and ice cream laid out for your friends and family to enjoy.
And of course I had to incorporate pineapples! Pineapples and watermelons are killing it this summer, and what would a summer party be without adding those into your decoration and outfit!
Another awesome DIY is fruit popsicles. I have seen so many recipes and videos showing some of peoples favorite homemade fruit popsicles, and they just look too delicious to pass up. And hey, it’s summer so it’s bound to be a bit toasty out, and what better way to cool down than with a delicious kiwi popsicle!
This mood board was inspired by PaperLess Post’s fantastic invitations! Their watermelon invitation is adorable and makes me want to throw a party just so I can get the invitations! Click here to check out all of their cute cards! I am literally obsessed with all of their invitations, I wish I had enough reasons to throw parties just to use all of their cards.
What are your must haves for the perfect summer party?
All of the images shown on my mood board were taken from Pinterest, to find out where to purchase these items and how to make them, check out my Summertime Party Pinterest board. There are lots of other cute and fun pins for you to enjoy.
Summer means lots of time to try new things and spend your days outside with friends and family. That being said, here are a few of my favorite summer treats, thanks to Pinterest!
Moscato Peach Wine Slushies
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
You’ll need to add a few splashes of wine to the frozen ice cube for blending. You can reserve a small amount of wine or just use some wine from another bottle, which is what I do.
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 8 cup Seedless Watermelon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a small pan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Puree watermelon in batches and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- place in a 13×9 dish, cover and place in freezer until firm.
- Puree frozen mixture before serving.
Click here for original post
Raspberry Lemonade Tea
- 1/2 cup Sweet’N Low (12 packets)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cups raspberries, pureed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- Bring the Sweet’N Low and water to a simmer. Let cool.
- Add pureed raspberries to sugar water.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the raspberry mixture.
- Pour raspberry mixture into a large pitcher filled with cold water.
- Stir and add ice cubes.
Click here for original post
Let me know if you try out any of these recipes!
Have a happy summer
It is finally summertime which means lots of sun! The sun can be fun, but it is always important to make sure you’re aware of the everlasting effects too much sun can have on your body. Here are a few of my favorite tips to make sure you protect yourself from the sun.
1. Always apply a SPF daily moisturizer in the morning. I use dermalogicia SPF 50 everyday after cleansing my skin.
2. The Suns UV rays are the strongest between 10am and 2 pm, when the sun is highest in the sky.
3. Plan on being in the ocean a lot? Apply hair oil or conditioner before going on the water to help keep hair silky smooth.
4. Drink before you are thirsty. You may not realize your body is dehydrated, so it is always important to constantly stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel like your thirsty! The more water, the better.
Have some fun in the sun!
Trouble sleeping? Or just want to make your room a more cozy space? Check out these 5 great tips to making the perfect bed!
Tip 1: Smell. Aromatherapy can play a big role in relaxing the body when it comes time to bed. Lavender is one of the best scents to use at night to relax. Try an oil diffuser mixed with a lavender essential oil. Start your diffuser when you’re ready to hit the sack, and let the sweet scent drift you to sleep. (Studies show that lavender has helped many people with insomnia fall asleep easier) [Huffpost]
Tip 2: Bedding. Synthetic materials tend to trap heat in easier which can lead to more troubled sleeping. It is best to use egyptian cotton or pima cotton for bed sheets. Get these in a sateen type finish and you’ll be off to bed in no time. [Today.com]
Tip 3: Laundry. Everyone knows there is nothing better than jumping in a bed with fresh clean linens. It is suggested that you clean your bedding every 7 to 10 days.
Tip 4: Color. The color of your room and bedding can also help you either stay awake or fall asleep better. The best colors to help one sleep are colors such as; blue, purple, grey, silver, neutrals or cool colors to lower blood pressure and lower your heart rate, which in turn relax the body. Try to stay away from bright colors like, reds or orange, if you are obsessed with these colors you can easily add them into a couple throw pillows for your bed.
Tip 5: Weight. Something a lot of us may not know is that comforters actually have different weights. It is suggested that a person uses a blanket with the weight of 10% plus one pound of a persons body weight. This means if you are 100 pounds you would get a 11 pound blanket. The pressure of the weight on a persons body, “…stimulates the release of calming hormones and neurotransmitters all night long” (friendshipcircle.org).
I hope you all enjoyed this post! I am going to be adding some more fun content like this to the blog, let me know if there is anything you are dying to learn about, or any suggestions for more posts similar to this.