It’s getting around that time of year, when the air gets colder and dryer. This means time to add exfoliation into our beauty regime if it is not already! Exfoliating is very good for your skin, and not just your face but your whole body!
Check out this super quick and easy DIY body scrub, perfect for fall!
You need sugar and oil! The sugar and oil can changed depending on your personal preference. When choosing a sugar to use, keep in mind the grain size. Smaller grains will not feel as rough on the skin, so light brown sugar would be best for sensitive skin.
For my scrub I used Brown Sugar and Olive Oil.
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Olive Oil
You can make how ever much of the scrub you want, just use two parts sugar and one part oil.
Enjoy and have a happy fall!
4 tbsp. butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
- Turn stove to med/low heat and add olive oil until there is a thin layer covering the bottom of your pan.
- Allow the oil to heat for a little and add popcorn kernels until they cover the bottom of the pan. Make sure you cover the pan with a lid or the popcorn will pop everywhere
- After the times between each popped kernels begins to slow, you can remove the pan and put your popcorn into a bowl.
- Sprinkle as much salt and buttered seasoning, on the dry popcorn, as you prefer
- In a separate skillet add the butter, brown sugar and vanilla
- Melt the brown sugar sauce on low heat, still until the butter is completely melted and the sauce is thin and almost of a liquid form. (If you put the stove on too high it will turn the sauce into a thick glob)
- Take a table spoon and lightly drizzle the sauce onto your salted popcorn
- Make sure to toss around the popcorn to make sure you get the sauce on all of the popcorn