Made Susan Sampson’s delicious rhubarb crisp with a slight twist.
4 cups rhubarb, cut and prepared
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, melted
- (prep) Cut up 4 cups of the rhubarb into small rectangles and soak overnight in 1 cup of sugar
- The next day add 2 cups of strawberries and let them soak for a couple hours
- Mix together the rhubarb/strawberry, sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Scoop the mixture into a baking pan
- Mix the flour, oats and sugar. Add butter and mix. Place over rhubarb mix
- Bake for around 30 minutes (or until golden brown) in a preheated oven at 375F
This was the perfect ending to our family picnic today. Pairing this with some vanilla ice cream would be magical!
I hope you enjoy and let me know if you end up recreating this recipe!